Randy Speck is an experienced educational leader who has one dream for students, that they are able to learn and define their academic success based on what they are learning.
Randy's vision for education and for students', centers around their needs and their strengths. Students no longer live in a world where they have to wait for knowledge to come to them.
The days of the teacher being the possessor of knowledge and bestowing that knowledge to the child are coming to an end. It's coming to an end because students are no longer going to wait for the information.
- a day that schools are created in a way in which education meets students where they are.
- a day where curriculum is designed based on what is best for students.
- a day where teachers are valued for the servants they are.
- a day when students have the ability to learn in real-time achieving real-time results.
- a day when students have a say in the design and development of curriculum based on their needs and not those of publishing companies.
- a day when students, no matter how they learn are viewed as special pieces of a amazing puzzle
Read a recent article about Randy and the great things he has accomplished at MDPS by Clicking Here.
Recognized in 2010 by Corp! Magazine as one of the Top Entrepreneurs in Michigan, Randy believes in the power of transforming communities through a transformation of education. He began as Superintendent of Madison District Public Schools in April of 2012 after serving as Superintendent of Oakland Christian School located in Auburn Hills, MI and Principal of Angell Elementary School in Berkley, MI. Randy is married to Kim and they have two children, Palmer (13) and Lainey Hope (9).
FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) Procedures and Guidelines